Turn Up Your Speakers And Enjoy!

This is nirvana for a road racing fan!

I know this has been out a for a while, but if you haven't seen it, it's a must-watch video.

Enjoy.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

Yummy! I love the 'Ring. It's my favorite track in Gran Turismo and some day I'll drive it for real :).

The 'Vette's a monster for sure but I find it pretty cool that the Nissan GT-R is only threes seconds slower and it weighs 400 lbs more. Oh, and it costs $30k less too :).

Dan P49Y83+

Reply to
Dan

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

I watched this one some more 'cause it is freaking cool to take that ride :).

But I notice that there's no supercharger noise at all. Now I really want to meet one of these in person 'cause the Mustang roots/screw blowers are noticable even with really loud exhausts, especially on in-car camera's.

Personally, I think it's a shame to make a blower quiet, but GM's good at reading the Corvette demographic so maybe those guys don't like it. I notice, though, that the 'chargers on the few Cobalt SS's I've run into are pretty quiet as well in stock trim. However, the pullied one I got the hear was about what I expected :).

Dan P49Y83+

Reply to
Dan

According to Vettweb, it's a new Eaton design and uses four rotors instead of three, making it quieter and more efficient. Power loss is around 70hp compared to 120 in the old design.

That is a cool video and I think a better driver could knock off a few tics.:) I would be free.

Reply to
GILL

Seems like what you would call a very forgiving car. There were a few moments that would have seen me spinning out of control or going off into the woods.

I think TFrog and I would come in at around 12 minutes...

dwight

Reply to
dwight