Update on Arizona Emissions Bill!

Here's the latest on the progress of the Arizona emissions bill. Again, we can use all the support we can get!

Arizona Emissions Test Exemption for Collectible Vehicles To be Considered by Senate Transportation Committee on Tuesday, March 8th.

A bill (H.B. 2357) to exempt qualified collectible vehicles 15 years old and older from the state's mandatory emissions inspection and maintenance program passed in the Arizona House of Representatives. Qualifying vehicles would have to maintain appropriate collectible or classic automobile insurance to retain these benefits. THE BILL NOW MOVES TO THE SENATE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE, WHERE IT WILL BE CONSIDERED ON MARCH 8TH.

ACT NOW! Contact Senate Transportation Committee Members (List Attached) Immediately to Request Support for this Bill

H.B. 2357 defines collectible vehicles as 15 years old or older, of unique or rare design, of limited production and an object of curiosity and maintained primarily for car club activities, exhibitions, parades, etc. and is used infrequently for other purposes.

H.B. 2357 provides for a rolling 15-year emissions inspection exemption that would exempt qualifying vehicles upon enactment and would pick up an additional model year for each year the law is in effect.

H.B. 2357 provides for an emissions inspection exemption for collectible vehicles for which the owner holds appropriate insurance coverage.

H.B. 2357 acknowledges the relatively minimal environmental impact of older vehicles, such as the older vehicles targeted for this exemption.

H.B. 2357 recognizes that such vehicles constitute a small portion of the vehicle fleet and are well-maintained and infrequently operated.

DON'T DELAY! Please contact members of the Arizona Senate Transportation Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to request their support for this bill.

SENATE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE

Senator Carolyn S. Allen Phone: 602-926-4480 Email: snipped-for-privacy@azleg.state.az.us

Senator Marilyn Jarrett Phone: 602-926-5288 Email: snipped-for-privacy@azleg.state.az.us

Senator Rebecca Rios Phone: 602-926-5685 Email: snipped-for-privacy@azleg.state.az.us

Senator Victor Soltero Phone: 602-926-5342 Email: snipped-for-privacy@azleg.state.az.us

Senator Thayer Verschoor Phone: 602-926-4136 Email: snipped-for-privacy@azleg.state.az.us

-------------------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake #7

Reply to
Laurie S.

That's it! I'm moving to Arizona.

Reply to
Mark C.

Any word on what happened?

Al # 35 and praying:)

Reply to
Big Al

I haven't heard anything yet, but at least two of the people on the transportation committee voted for the bill in prior committee votes, so I thinking it probably went through (fingers still crossed for luck).

----------- Laurie S. Thunder Snake 37

Reply to
Laurie S.