[Update] Slip Yoke

According to the 2004 Motorcraft Chemicals & Lubricant Catalog, I could use either:

Motorcraft PTFE Lubricant PN.............D2AZ-19590-A Spec..........ESB-M1C111-A Size...........1-lb.

or

Motorcraft PTFE Lubricant PN.............XG-8 Spec..........ESB-M1C111-B Size...........3-oz.

Features o Good general-purpose grease o Tough Teflon® coating provides nonstick surface o For use with driveshaft slip yokes; especially where grunt-type noise is experience o Useful in eliminating squeaks between plastic parts

but, none of the fellows at NAPA, Advance Auto or AutoZone can figure out what to sell me!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester

Then they should all be sacked. You won't need a pound of it, just enough to coat the yoke. Three oz. should be plenty. This is very commonly used stuff. I can't believe they didn't know what it was.

Did they just try to cross-reference part numbers, and not actually READ what you had given them???

Do you have a smaller, independent "neighborhood" parts store? You know, one of those grungy little places with counter stools, and grizzly guys who actually know what they're talking about? They can help you.

If not, go to a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealer. They will have it.

I have a general disdain for chain stores... "no world exists outside my terminal".

Reply to
Wound Up

The 3-oz tube is only $7 at the dealership... I am killing myself for nothing.

If anyone needs some, come on over!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Forrester