Upper Middle Class=America car enemies

Hey careful Kate! I spell neighbour, honour, colour, donour etc. It's not European It's English. Never call and Englishman a European, sheesh!!! ;^) StuK

snip

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

You make several valid points. I own a 90 5.0L sedan with a 5 speed manual. I love this car. I also bought a 2000 Honda Civic hatchback which is a hoot to drive. My beef with American auto makers is that they are shipping their production to mexico and other foreign lands, while Honda builds a lot of their cars right here. Which is more American? A company that houses it's blood sucking CEO's in detroit or a company who highers working people to build their cars in America while their CEO's (Who make FAR FAR less then American CEO's) are based in Tokyo, Yokohama or Osaka? The bottom line is that I buy what I like. Personally, I'd love to hop up the Mustang I own with a super charger and a bit of suspension and brake work, then hop up the little Honda with an aftermarket head, header, intake, ECU and a nitros kit. I like what I like. I don't give a darn where it is made. I don't know much about other foreign cars, but I do know Honda builds one heck of a good engine. I mean, you tell me, 200 hp from a 1.8L 4 banger is not bad. And the little engine will run very reliable. You are right, with respect to the upper middle class in that there is a lot of monkey see monkey do. But there is also a lot of sound reasoning behind their choice to go Japanese. The Japanese vehicles have proven to be more reliable on the average when compared to American or European cars. But throwing the V8 Mustang into the forum is not really fair. Although I would not normally touch a Ford product, the V8 mustang stands out as their most bullit proof vehicle and is so superior to other Ford products as to not even seem like a Ford. As I watch other people's Ford pickups, Taurus, Escort, SUV's and mini vans blow trannies, engines and literally fall apart, the Mustangs seem to effortlessly go along for well over 100K ( and in many cases over 200K) without ever having a wrench put to the engine other then to change a hose, belt, or vlave cover gasket. I respect that a lot. Would I buy another Mustang? You bet! Would I buy another Honda, again you bet. Would I ever even consider a Ford product other then a Mustang? Not in a million years!

Reply to
wdb

Hummers are a joke, at least on the paved street.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

You are right. I had an engine about the same size from Direct Connection in 1979 that pushed about that much horsepower. Small cars were also (it seems) alot lighter back then so it didn't take as much horsepower/torque to make them go.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! You're talking about the 4X4...... sorry... my bad. *gets mind partway out of the gutter*

Reply to
Jafo

I'm with you. Every time I hear "Hummer", I think of Hugh Grant.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Matt,

Just remember that "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"...

Hope this clears things up, Scott

Reply to
Scott Stevenson

Rich, you're Canadian - any US made car is an import to you. And in KY we make Corvettes and Toyotas, kiddo - I think Mustangs are made in Mexico, but can't say for certain. Emanuel

Reply to
Emanuel Brown

Whoops!

How's "Furryner" ??? LOL!

| snip | | >> Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I'd choke your husband for an M5 vert....

*wink*

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

you wanna give Hugh Grant a Hummer.....

that's just not right!!

Kate

| > > Hummers are a joke, at least on the paved street. | > > -Rich | > >

| | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Kinda nauseating (to me, at least).

Reply to
Ralph Snart

That makes two of us! :-)

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Silly girl. I think that's a case of reading what you want to hear.

dwight

Reply to
dwight