URGENT: Evaluate this deal please

I need your opinion on buying this mustang.

Its a 95 Mustang GT Convertible. Black Leather seats.

5 speed manual. 5.0 liter V8. CD player with premium sound system.

Usual wear and tear and a few minor defects. The power seat doesn't work. The top has a cut. The fuel pump makes a weird noise. When in neutral, if I move the gear to the right to put it in reverse, it gets stuck in between, is that serious ?

I am getting this car for 4000 and I want it to run for another 2 years atleast.

What do you guys think about this car ?

What is the lifespan of a stock mustang ? Is 107,000 miles too much for a stang ?

The owner is leaving the country and wants to sell the car. The KBB is about 5000 on the car.

I will get the car checked from a mechanic, but should I buy this car ?

Regards, Shardool Karnik.

Reply to
Shardool Karnik

Get the mechanic to look at it before you buy it, he should be able to tell you whats wrong with it and an idea of how much it will cost to get it fixed. Besure to give it the tap test... tap all the fenders with a finger nail, it should sound like metal, if it is a thud sound it was in a wreck and fixed. Just some quick advice and something I would do.

Brandon

Reply to
indi

And in addition to what others said... run a Carfax on it!

-Mike

98 Mustang GT
Reply to
<memset