Used head 1990 Mustang - Opinions/advice

"Lloyd Cimprich" wrote in news:bca39$4366ce2e$cf70570d$ snipped-for-privacy@PRIMUS.CA:

doing it now is lots easier than taking it back off

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I went to one of the local jobbers I deal with to see if they had a rebuilt head for my 1990 Mustang. They did not have a rebuilt remaining in stock but after a few calls offered a salvaged one with roller cam "complete and ready to go" for $175 Can ($150 US).

Initially this seemed like a good deal but I now wonder if I should still take it in to have a valve job done with inspection for cracks and flatness.

Any opinions/avdice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Lloyd Cimprich

Are you talking about a 4 cylinder head?

Reply to
Mark C.

Sorry, yes it is a 4 cyl 2.3 head.

Reply to