V6 Mustang Exhaust

Has anyone here had a cat back exhaust system installed in a 99 to 2004 V6 Mustang that didn't sound like a rice burner, if so what system did you go with?

Reply to
randy1128

My neighbors '04 has an H pipe and flowmasters, sounds pretty mean.

Reply to
japhar81

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:31:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote something wonderfully witty:

A take-off system from a GT.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I was looking at them before I traded my v6 in, you can find them on ebay, dirt cheap. ;-)

Reply to
AW

I have a 99 V6, with Dynomax mufflers, true duals, no H-pipe, really quiet at idle, from about 1800-2300 rpm nice and throaty. Not completely happy with the sound but is a V6 afterall.

Reply to
OdieBob

After you got your dual exhaust, did your check engine light ever come on. Where are the oxygen sensors on your new exhaust? Has anyone ever tried the MAC Cat Back system? Thanks for the help

Reply to
randy1128

Reply to
OdieBob

You really should think about getting an H pipe. Because it's a true dual exaust, the purpose of the pipe is to equalize the exhaust pressure.

Gumby '04GT

Reply to
Gumby