Vehicle Recall Question

Hey Guys

Just curious, how do I find out what recall fixes have been performed on my car? Im the 3rd owner of an 87 mustang and just curious..........if there are any recalls that have been placed and my stang hasn't gone through them, can I still get the recall work performed free of charge? Reason being is, im having a problem with the ignition cylinder of my car......the car will be running and if i go over a bump it will turn off........the problem is with the turn procedure.....it moves around just enough to move out of the "run" position. Since there is a recall, can i take advantage of it?

Thanks,

Danish

Reply to
Danish

Ford dealer might be able to look up the VIN and see if anything was done.

Reply to
John R Wiebalk

Not all "recalls" are mandatory. Some are actually advisories about a reported problem. A fix is only required if the problem actually develops inyour car, and not because other people's car had to be repaired.

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Take your complete VIN number to the Ford dealer and they can run OASIS on it...... E-mail it to me and I can run OASIS on it.....

Don't hit "reply to sender"..... you'll only be disappointed.

Jim Warman

Someone gave me this number to call for recalls Ford recall people (1-800-392-3673) and you should just give them your VIN

Reply to
John R Wiebalk

Has recalls and service bulletins from '82 UP

Reply to
Lane Jennison