Vin Check 3F03Q217136

I'm wondering if someone can please help me with a VIN check? We are looking at a 73 Mustang Conv, auto, air, 351 cobra jet, "very rare Q code?" for $26K Seems a little high to me...car drives pretty nice, but there seem to be lots of "little" things that just don't seem exactly right: dealer said he recently bought it from original owner in Atlanta, but I saw that it was registered in MI, had never been wrecked, yet the paint just didn't seem to be all the same color, air cleaner was plain blue with no markings, stickers or lettering, hood seemed brand new underneath and didn't have any insulation or blanket...lots of little things just seemed funny--perhaps the VIN check will lend more light.

Thanks very much for the help

BOB

Reply to
Bob Lewit

Remember Bob, trust your gut instinct. You may want to just walk away from it if that much is fishy about it.

Then again, being as old as it it is, it may have just had some freshening.

It would definitely be worth your while to spend the $20 for the vin check for your own use in a case like this but an older vehicle may not show all of it's history.

Best of luck to you. If your instincts tell you it's not right, it probabaly isn't.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Bob you can try this website. hope it helps

Scott

Bob Lewit wrote:

Reply to
optic1