VIN help needed

I'm looking at a 65 stang and hope someone here can help me figure the car out with the VIN?

5T07T137005

Thanks

Reply to
MPBSR25

courtesy of

Warranty Number: 5T07T137005 Year: 5 1965 Plant: T Metuchen, NJ Body Series: 07 2 Door Hardtop Engine: T 200 1v I6 Unit: 137005 137005

Reply to
Lucas4927

WOW!!! That was fast. Thanks and at least I know so far the guy is telling the truth.

Reply to
MPBSR25

The 1 in 137005 actually stands for Ford as the first Unit number for Mustang, Fairlane and Falcon is 100001. If the car was a Mercury or Comet (and later Cougar) They start with

500001. Lincolns start at 800001. So this car is actually the 37005th Mustang ordered for build at the New Jersey plant. The #1 would roll over to 2 when production hit 100,000 units.

What you need is the door data plate info to see how the car was trimmed and what drivetrain info you can get from it. The VIN only tells part of the tale.

StuK

ThunderSnake #11

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

I'm going to look at the car right now, but here's the auction. Can "Everyone" look it over and see if something just doesn't add up.

Thanks

Reply to
MPBSR25

Just testing a trick I heard about. If you surround a link with < >, it does not break.

Reply to
John

Just came back from looking the car over. It does have a few small rust spots than the person mentioned and will need some body work. Not right now, but will need it. The interior looked good, even though you could tell it had been worked on.

Considering the car is 40 years old it's def worth the 4 grand that it looks like it will be going for. Unfort not for me, as my wife and I both agreed that it was best to pass on, looking at the future body work that it will need in time.

Reply to
MPBSR25

wrong :-P

Dave

ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=2

> m=2488510172&rd=1> >

Reply to
Deputy Dog

1965 model Assembly plant = San Jose 2-door hardtop 200 ci six cylinders Car number: 137005

Is it a v8 today?

Sverker

Reply to
Sverker Edvardsson

John It was broken when I got it.. honest! I didn't touch a thing :)

Kate

| > >The 1 in 137005 actually stands for Ford as the first Unit number for | > >Mustang, Fairlane | > >and Falcon is 100001. If the car was a Mercury or Comet (and later | Cougar) | > >They start with | > >500001. Lincolns start at 800001. | > > So this car is actually the 37005th Mustang ordered for build at the New | > >Jersey plant. | > >The #1 would roll over to 2 when production hit 100,000 units. | > >

| > >What you need is the door data plate info to see how the car was trimmed | and | > >what | > >drivetrain info you can get from it. The VIN only tells part of the tale. | > >

| > > StuK | > >

| > >ThunderSnake #11 | > >> >

| > I'm going to look at the car right now, but here's the auction. Can | "Everyone" | > look it over and see if something just doesn't add up. | >

| > m=2488510172&rd=1| >

| > Thanks | |

Reply to
SVTKate

The assembly plant code is Metuchen (T), not San Jose...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Nope, still an inline 6

Reply to
MPBSR25

A trick *I* heard about is if you write your message with anything besides Outlook or OE, those darn long URLs won't break in the first place. ;)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Ok.

Good luck to you finding a classic Mustang. I got one myself:

65 Fastback 2+2, everything done on the engine except compressor. Rustfree!

350+ HP

With a smile on, Sverker

ps. I'm not interested in street racing and am rarely above 60-70 mph. Coudn't care less for top speed. However, good torque is another story..

Reply to
Sverker Edvardsson