Wanted - 1969 Ford Mustang Soft Top Convertible

I am looking to purchase a 1969 Ford Mustang Convertible from the snow free states in the USA. This vehicle will be exported to Australia and will be converted from left hand drive to right hand drive. This is a major conversion where the engine is removed and a clear environment is required either side of the firewall. The dash board has to be removed as part of this conversion. The freight costs to Australia are expensive, the importation costs are expensive, the left to right hand conversion is expensive etc. I am looking to purchase a vehicle where the buying price is not "gold lined". Does anyone know of a vehicle that is for sale, needs restoration and is not excessively expensive?

Reply to
bigpete_49

You sure you wouldn't really rather have the fastback?

Reply to
Merc

Reply to
stuie

Reply to
stuie

We are already restoring a 1969 Fastback. Finding a 1969 convertible in Australia for sale is like trying to find hen's teeth. If you do find a car then the seller is looking for too much money. I know the left to right conversion is expensive (and time consuming) however it makes the car look nicer and is easier to drive (in my opinion). If buying in the USA then I would have someone inspect the vehicle and provide a report prior to purchase.

Reply to
bigpete_49