Water Wetter

Anybody used it? Results?

Carl

99 v6 auto vert
Reply to
Carl

I've heard of several individuals here using it, and by all accounts it works as advertised.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

It's all I use during the summer in both the '69 Mustang and the '68 Ranchero. They went from running hot (overheating) to running warm. Straight water wetter and distilled water.

Both engines are .060" overbores and run extremely hot if I use half prestone/half water. Flushed the entire system and ran the other. Night and day. Course you HAVE to switch back to half and half if there's even the slight chance the block could freeze during the winter. I do it to the Mustang even though it get's parked all winter. I'm not taking the chance. Not with ~$9000 between the two motors.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Reply to
cprice

Thanks for the info. What about just adding the little bottle to my current cooling system? It looks to be about a pint or a quart.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

I would really only use it when you need the extra cooling. That's just me though. I don't see any benefit during the winter in making your radiator fluid run even cooler.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

That is what your thermostat is for? No?

Reply to
351CJ

I put it in my '96 3.8.. It makes it run a "needle width" cooler.. Chuck (in SC)

Reply to
Chuck

"351CJ" wrote

Ah yes. What WAS I thinking. Man I was Soooooo tired when I typed that. I'm running on about 10 hours sleep over the last 5 days. Half of it last night.

Some Muther Fugger swiped my wallet the other day so I've been covering my ass and not sleeping from the stress, on top of the holidays and getting my ass kicked at work.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

I wouldn't go over .030 overbore on a small block

Reply to
Mark C.

Had an SVO with traffic/ idle temp climb problems, slow climb but ALWAYS when outside temp over 80 deg... added it, problem went away.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It works excellent. I have it in my Cobra and my truck. It won't change the temp of your coolant, that's controlled by the thermostat and radiator. Assuming they are working correctly. What it does is allow more efficient transfer of heat to and from the coolant. What it will do is lower your cylinder head temps and prevent detonation. Go to their web site and read up on it.

Reply to
.boB

How about using distilled water along with the antifreeze to lessen the chances of mineral build-up in the engine and rad?

-Rich

Reply to
michaelanderson4

I wouldn't use anything BUT distilled water if water is being used. I'd never use plain tap water, maybe reverse osmosis is ok, but I'm not sure.

Reply to
66 6F HCS