Waxing around the Luggage rack ??

The paint on my 89 5.0 LX Vert is a bit faded and in BAD need of a wax job.

How can I keep from getting the white wax "stains" on the black luggage rack molding strips and the rest of the black molding strips ??

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com (Katmandu) wrote in :

One thing you can do is to put masking tape on the areas you want to prevent from being waxed, as if you were painting. If you still get wax on some of the black trim, rub off all you can with a cloth, then let it sit until it is thoroughly dry. After that, you can remove the wax with a large, pink rubber eraser (the type you might get from an art supply store.)

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim J

Masking tape will work...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Hmm! Good tips!

Guess I'll be doing ALOT of masking off here real soon!

Reply to
Katmandu