Weight of 2005 model

The Mustang needs a diet. My 1988 LX weighed about 3100 lbs. My 2001 GT weighs nearly 3600lbs. A vette now weighs about 3200lbs. What will the new one weigh?

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

Kirby

It all depends on the options. My 95gt was wieghed at 3550. Thats with an AODE which will add about half that 300 over a manual car. Wheel/tire type and size could play into it pretty easy as wheel. My old 16" wheels and tires were heavy compared to my 17" bullets. Fuel load in another good amount of weight. Most reported weights are dry weights.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

The average kit Cobra weighs 2500#. Mine will make close to 600 hp. It's a power:weight thing.

Reply to
.boB

Just weighted mine on the truck weigh scales last week. It was 1750 kg (3850 lbs.) with me in . Take out my weight of 185 lbs. and my '94 'vert weighs

3665 lbs. with 1/2 tank of gas and all other fluids at normal levels.

This raises another question I had . I weighed the car because I wanted to calculate HP based on certain track times that I had last month. Does anyone know how accurate these calculations are?? See

Based on trap speed the HP (rear wheels) is 217. Based on ET the HP is 215. Are these realistic? Perhaps someone who has confirmed HP data could run their time and speed calculations and let me know.

Reply to
Richard

I think they're probably pretty close, especially seeing how the Trap Speed and ET calculations come out so close. I get 302 for ET, and 336 for TS.

Chris

Reply to
Chris1

Are you able to compare the numbers to a dyno reading? I am curious as my car is stock except as noted below. These figures put it line with the rated output without much allowance for driveline losses.

Reply to
Richard

While the stated rating is 305 hp, is it not probable that actual rating will vary by some percentage. I would think that a +/- of 2% would not be unusual and it might even be double that. For example wouldn't a different setting of the timing account for a different outcome. Then add in all the variables associated with the engine and its environment and then the computer response to these variables. That's why I was hoping that someone might have a dyno value for the comparison.

Reply to
Richard

You got it boB! Your Cobra will fly!! Me... that's why some day I'd like to do a T-bucket -- just a frame, 2 seater glass body, and a motor... that's all you need.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
Patrick