Weight of a 351C

Anyone know how much a 1972 Ford 351C-4V weighs? I need to purchase an engine stand and I want to make sure it's strong enough.

Thanks.

Reply to
Joe

According to Hot Rod Magazine's Ford High Performance publication (1985), The Ford 429/460 weighs in at 720 lbs and the 351M/400 weighs in at 575 lbs.

Reply to
351CJ

I would get a stand that can support at least 500-550 lbs.

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

I'll recommend buying the heaviest stand you can afford... While your current goal is to keep a 351 off the ground, the future may come back to haunt you.

rec.woodworking has one battle cry... "buy the best and only cry once....". Works for me.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Stock 351C weighs about 550#

Reply to
.boB

Reply to
cprice

I have a Harbor Freight unit. Have to support the crank snout or the nose of the engine droops. This is with an iron head 460 and they are heavy. Believe they are rated at 1500 pounds but that would be a stretch. Cost me about $50 and would be fine for a 302.

Al

Reply to
Big Al