Weighty matters

R&T lists the curb weight of the 2010 Mustang GT as 3590 pounds. According to the sticker on the door jamb, my '98 Mustang GT weighs

3227. So, what's the real difference? Has the GT packed on a few pounds with advancing age, as I have?

I think the real difference between door jamb data and curb weight is that curb weight includes a 150-pound driver and a full tank of gas.

So: 3550 - 150 - (16*6) = 3304 = what I'd expect to see on the door jamb sticker of a 2010 GT. In other words, the Mustang GT has gained 77 pounds in 12 years (a bit more than I have).

Do I have it right? Mustang trivia fans want to know.

Reply to
Bob Willard

That's about it Bob, give or take, depending on the options. You CAN get one with a rear view camera LOL. While most of that pork was gained from 05, at least 15lbs comes from this year and some sound deadening materials. It'd be nice to have a stripped option to select from.

Reply to
GILL