Weird 2000 GT cooling problem

It started with Low Coolant light going on even though the tank was full. Since it's been a while since I changed the coolant, I had a flush done and replaced the thermostat also. After the flush, I started noticing that coolant is leaking from under the cap, so assuming the cap was bad, I replaced it as well. The coolant is STILL leaking from under the cap and I noticed that the top radiator hose has lost pressure (but it still gets hot so it looks like coolant is flowing). The engine temp seems OK according to the Temp gauge. Anyone know what else I should be looking at?

Related to the above, I noticed a small crack on the inside of the intake manifold while changing the thermostat. While Googling, I found out that there was a class action lawsuit related to these plastic manifolds and the deadline to replace them at Ford's expense expired LAST year. I wish someone told me! F me!!! It's not leaking yet, but it will be lots of "fun" to replace it once it goes....

Thanks Mark

2000 GT 'vert black
Reply to
markg9

well, just think. The replacement will probably crack in the same place.

Reply to
biggus

There's a plastic float inside of the reservoir tank, and like mine, it probably does not float any more. I just unplugged the sending unit at the bottom of the tank.

You can get intake manifolds from most parts suppliers for a little over $200.00 and they have a metal water passage that wont crack.

Reply to
GILL