Weird stumble when at WOT

Hey guys,

I am getting a weird stumble from my 1990 GT when I mash down the pedal at WOT. It feels like all of a sudden I am running out of gas or just loosing power. I have checked all the vacuum lines and I am not sure what else could be causing this. Here are the modifications I have done recently which one of has to have caused this:

Cobra upper and lower intake manifold (w/spacer) Shorty headers Radiator Water pump Fan w/clutch and shroud cap and rotor wires alternator (upgrade to 130A) Ram air hood

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this I would appreciate this, it's not fun when your mustang won't get up and go when you want it to. Thanks for the help guys.

Sean

Reply to
GT5OH

Had the same problem many years ago... accelerated great, except at WOT. I'm going to bet it's electrical. I would for sure check the plugs, wires, etc. (bad wire, misgapped plugs).

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen

could also b a plugged converter

Reply to
Les Benn

Have you checked the fuel filter? It could be clogged.

Reply to
Bob Willard

It might be a dying fuel pump too. My guess is the problem is fuel related.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

That is what my guess was too. I am going to replace the fuel pump with a better flowing unit and replace the fuel filter while i'm at it. I am going to have to post some pics for you guys she's lookin' pretty sweet with that new ram air hood. :-) Thanks for the input guys.

Sean

Reply to
GT5OH

I'd check your fuel pressure. I believe it should be somewhere around

45 psi. Might want to check your manual on that one. Replace your fuel filter, if you haven't lately. Also, Check resistance in your spark plug wires.
Reply to
jonezzzman