Weirdo brake problem...warranty fix?

I noticed a brake squeak last week in my 32,000 mile 01 GT. I figured,

32K miles, must be my imagination. It did it again the next day, so when I got home, I eyed the rotors thru the wheels, ran my finger across them, didn't notice any ridges on them.

Yesterday, I heard it again, this time accompanied by a scrubbing sound from the back of the car. OK, time to take this serious. I get out, do the same thing I did before, except this time I run my finger across the inside of the rotors as well. Problem found! (or at least the symptom)

The inside surface of the rear passenger rotor has a substantial groove near the edge of the rotor. It seems like the caliper is out of alignment to the rotor or something, and has been letting the inside pad ride against the rotor at an angle.

I sure as hell can't figure out what would cause it. Broken caliper mounting bolt, possibly? We're having a dealer trip tomorrow, which better be a warranty fix, b/c 32K on ONE of the back brake pads doesn't sound like normal wear and tear to me. Anyone out there have the same problem?

Reply to
wabbitslayer