Went looking to a Mustang - ended up with the Vette

So I spent the weekend - and Monday (since I was off) looking for a Convertible GT with manual tranny - 2006. Called 12 dealers, visited 4. Chicago land had 3 available. Prices ranged from $37k all the way to $55k. I am not sure what the $55k included. No one wanted to deal - everyone wanted to push the v-6 convertibles on me and deal on that.

Went to Gary Lang Chevy dealer and for the hell of it test drove the C6 without the Z71 package (the z71 was just too stiff). Anyway - A new 2006 Black Corvette with the 3lt package - so loaded without the NAV was listed at $50188. I got it for $43300 out the door. (no trade in - just a cash transaction). So there is a 400HP 6.0 liter beast in my garage now.

I was torn between the two. The mustang looks very cool, and I think so does the vette. I liked the 4 seats in the mustang.

That was my story. Thanks for all that answered my questions here.

Dan

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Hmmmm. This sounds like something I might be interested in.

Congratulations on the purchase, Dan.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Well at least it not a Liberty lol

Reply to
Ray or Bobbi Adams

OH YEA!!!??? Well, here's mud in yer eye!

LOL

KJKate

2O|||||O5 Liberty and lovin it!
Reply to
KJ.Kate

Sorry Kate just coulldnt resist it. Been a reader of this newsgroup for a long time and always followed your adventures. Live in SC and have 65 mustang and 85 convertible. If you ever see a 65 mustang, Dodge Viper red, wave.

Reply to
Ray or Bobbi Adams

Congrats on your new toy! Imo your deal is also based on the poor shape GM is in right now. They are hurting for sales.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

It was pretty funny. I suppose that if I had a choice between th Vette and the Libby, I would think right ahrd about it. The Vette is beautiful and whoo hoo a go fast little thing but I am just having SO much fun playing in the mud and not having to wax and polish all the time Don't have to wipe my feet before I get in and don't have to worry about all sorts of things. It's really a relief in many ways.

We were over in NC a week or so ago sure is beautiful country out in that direction. I hate to be the one to break this to you, I think you'd have a better chance of recognizing "BugBreath" than I would a 65 Mustang. I cant tell them ap[art when they are that age. Kind of like new babies. it's hard to tell what sex tehey are with their pants on.

So, do you have a photo of it somewhere?

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Good for you Dan, I hope you enjoy it.

If I Can't get a 2007 GT500 I will have to seriously consider going over to the dark side too... The Corvette after all is their only model I would consider.

Reply to
351CJ