whare's my starter located?

Ok, I think Haynes Manual suck. It sort of tells me how to remove the starter, however it doesn't tell me where the damn thing is located. Can someone please send a little help my way, I'm feeling overwhelmed trying to get this fixed myself, and not have a guy come do it for me.

Reply to
uptomyelbowsinaligators

Follow the red battery cable from the battery to the starter relay mounted behind the battery on the left fender apron. The red cable junctions with another large red cable and probably some other smaller wires. Follow that second large red cable which terminates at the starter motor/solenoid, mounted on the starter motor. The starter motor should have two mounting bolts (upper and lower). BTW, it's a 2.3L engine from your other post. Have fun...

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

Don't forget to disconnect your battery before working on your car!

(great map Mike!)

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

"uptomyelbowsinaligators" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I hate to be facetious, but if you can't get under the car and see where the starter is, you have no business trying to change one. Call your mechanic.

Reply to
elaich