What does a stock 4.6L 97 Gt put out for horse power, and the average 1/4 mile times?

also how much faster would it go with the 3.73 gears i put in?

Joe

Reply to
JoeJoe

Puts out 215hp, or roughly 186.96rwhp. 1/4 Mile time depends on how your driving skills are.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT
Reply to
<memset

Joe,

We need a little more info.

- 5 speed or automatic?

- The track's elevation?

- Power shifting or speed shifting?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Oh yeah... my figure for rwhp was assuming it was a 5-speed manual.. sorry.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Actually, I believe both automatics and 5-speeds were rated the same in '97. You listed the flywheel hp though, not the rear wheel hp (rwhp). Power to the wheels is less due to driveline losses... even more so in the auto.

Sorry, I'm a smart-ass this morning. :-)

JS

Reply to
JS

"Puts out 215hp, or roughly 186.96rwhp. 1/4 Mile time depends on how your driving skills are.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT "

You must have missed my first post. I listed the flywheel hp & rwhp. You smart-ass =).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

the 97's are slow ass gt's... dont get one

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta
215hp isn't slow... but then again I've never seen a 97 GT automatic.. seen a 97 GT 5-speed... was almost as mean as my car ;) *wink*.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT
Reply to
<memset