What Ford should do about the Vette

Rein wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Its Aftermarked FROM the Factory. look up the Focus RS. They showed it at Last years SEMA show...or was it year before. Anyway :-) DROOOOL....small, stylish, with a V8

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:43:38 -0600, Nicodemus Telrenner wrote something wonderfully witty:

Dude you can look up prices from now till next Tuesday and that don't have nothing to do with nothing. Go look-up a 2005 SXT Flareside with V8, automatic, tow package, fog lamps, AM/FM/CD/Cass and let me know what you come up with? You should total out to an MSRP of $25,030. I just paid $18,466 and I can scan & post the deal papers. Not my fault if you don't know how to buy a car/truck.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

ZombyWoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Tahts your entire answer? What a lame backout. You get insulting when i prove a good point. And you didnt even TOUCH on my comments on performance and interior.

Real bad on your part.

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:45:28 -0600, Nicodemus Telrenner wrote something wonderfully witty:

Not a bad read on my part. An initial bad read on yours over what I said. I took the stance that if I was looking for a full-size RWD sedan with a V8 I could buy two GM's in my area for what one 300c would go for. I made no comments about fit, finish or interior. It only goes to say that a car that costs twice as much as another will have a higher level in all of those areas. I didn't even address my preferences of one vehicle over the other.

I stand by my statement that if you want a RWD 4-door V8 sedan you can get two (2) GM's in the greater Norfolk Va area for the price of what a v8 300c will cost you. That does not make the 300c an undesirable car, nor does it make it a bad car. What it is, is currently a highly desirable car that one cannot really make any deal on right now. This was the same issue last year when I want to buy one of the revised F-150's and the dealers weren't talking the talk on them. This year they are and I got my truck a little under 6K off sticker. It's a money thing not a what's better thing. Same hold trues for the new Mustang. At the end of last year you could cut a deal, this year you'll be damn lucky to get one for MSRP, and there are some outstanding deals out there right now on leftover Premium V6 drop-tops. If one wants a first year model of a hot new car/truck, one will pay the price for that right.

Reply to
ZombyWoof