What happened to the big block group?

I just tried to access alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury through Google Groups and it's not there. You can do an Advanced Search and access archived threads. But even those archived threads are missing the link to the NG window itself, what you might call the "home page," that displays threads by subject line. (Those who never use Google Groups probably have no idea what I'm trying to describe here.)

Did Google drop the NG, or does it not exist anymore?

180 Out Formerly Thunder Snake no. 38?
Reply to
180 Out

"180 Out" wrote

I can't answer definitively, but I can say that the group still exists on my news server (Verison) and has active postings as of today.

I noticed a substantial number of groups had been removed from Google Groups over the weekend (I think about a hundred in alt.tv.*), but whether it was housecleaning or technical difficulties I don't know.

Reply to
J Alex

I clicked in in on my server (SBC) and it's available .... I subscribed just to see, and there are 3568 postings.

Maybe you didn't hold your mouth right?

Kate

| > Did Google drop the NG, or does it not exist anymore? | >

| I can't answer definitively, but I can say that the group still exists on my | news server (Verison) and has active postings as of today. | | I noticed a substantial number of groups had been removed from Google Groups | over the weekend (I think about a hundred in alt.tv.*), but whether it was | housecleaning or technical difficulties I don't know. | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I show four new posts this afternoon. Nothing wrong on my end, must be yours.

Bill S.

180 Out wrote:
Reply to
Bill S.

It was out on google earlier but it seems to be working at the moment. I'm going to test post in a minute. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet