What is a 1985 Ford Mustang GT w/ T tops 5-speed 4bbl worth (Wisconsin)

I have a 1985 Ford Mustang GT with T-Tops, rectangular driving lights and a Ford Racing clutch. The clutch assembly has very few miles on it. I have not driven the car for probably 8 years or more. The car itself is solid, tough cosmetically. Needs a new hood as it is rusty from paint chips/poor paint quality (car was garaged most of its life). The front bumper cover has a tear in it (not from me). The rest of the sheet metal is pretty solid. I was planning on restoring this car at some point as it needs new paint. Original oval style wheels are included. T tops are in good shape. It has power windows/ locks/air/cruise etc. One thing I really liked about it is like a convertible the door has no frame around the window. The engine was also mildly built up and the car was fast. Also, I believe the speedo goes up to 140 or 160 as I think the previous owner changed it out. The car is actually more fun to drive (and hauls more with that hatchback) than my 99 Cobra.

I know I should really keep the car but I really don't think it is a project I will ever "get to". The car was driven in the garage but would need to be towed out as it has not run for many years and the tires, while almost full tread, have been flat for years. As far as mileage, it is well over 100k,

I have had various people interested in purchasing this car as a project, but I am not sure what it is worth. The color is white with the black decals I loved.

Any thoughts on price would be appreciated.

Reply to
Cobra

i would say anywhere from $12 000 - 16 000

really depends on what 1 is willing to pa

-- mustang_n00

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mustang_n00b's Profile:

this thread:

mustang_n00b

You have one too many zeros on the end of your figures! Actually, it depends on the shape of the car. A non-running parts car will go for $100 to $500; whereas a running car will go from anywhere between $1,000 and $3,000 depending on condition.

Reply to
ChrisB

I thought that price was nonsense too. Kelley Blue Book only goes back as far as 1988 so I ran that one through with 75,000 miles and added on the best of the available options for that model. Here is what KBB came back with.

Excellent $2,850

a.. Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. b.. Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. c.. Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. d.. Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. e.. Complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

begin 666 Blue_star.gif M1TE&.#EA# `*`+,``/G[_.7K\:2ZT;[.WO/U^82BP'R

Reply to
Mark Jones