What is my mustang? GT or LX?

I recently purchased a 1984 Mustang. It currently has 5.0 L engine in it, but i doubt that it's the original motor. The previous owner painted over everything except the glass. How do I find out what my hatchback is? It doesn't have any decals on it. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
84_mustang_5.0

There better be a door tag on that thing. That's where you find all of the codes for the vehicle that Ford built, no matter what it may have morphed into.

Armed with the door tag info, you can Google "Mustang door tag decoder" and find out what the car was "supposed" to be.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

The 8th digit on your VIN will be one of the following for 1984: A - 2.3L 4cyl 2BBL M - 5.0L V8 T - 2.3L EFI TCI W - 2.3L 4cyl Turbo

3 - 3.8L V6 CFI 2BBL
Reply to
David Maucher