What is the best leather cleaner?

I'm glad I didn't use Dial now... what other kinda soap should I use? A bar of zest? ;D

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

LOL....

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

I used to use, ugh whats the name, that female soap, bar soap that is, with a mild warm water, worked awesome.

Hang on let me think of the name.

The other stuff like Armor All literally obliterated my leather over time, it looks good in the beginning but actually degrades the leather over time.

-- Rev

Rev

Heheheeh O'Reilly is still open. I'm gonna run down there real fast & pick up some cleaner & conditioner for my leather interior... godawful it is. Cheap leather, but it's leather.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

That's because it has silicone and other chemicals that clog the pores of the leather, not allowing it to breathe and/or absorb conditioners you may put on it later.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayJ351) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m20.aol.com:

Saddle soap.

Joe

Reply to
<memset

i had always gotten good results and longevity from eagle one leather cleaner and conditioner (2 separate bottles). i wouldn't recommend armor all or any kind of hand soap on leather. you should use a conditioner that moisturizes and feeds oils to the leather, separate from cleaning it first.

Reply to
Christopher Shea

Soap for saddles (D-oh!).

You can get it at better shoe stores, as it's great for cleaning leather shoes. Remember them?

wrote in news:mwexb.3380$p74.1019 @newssvr22.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Joe

Actually, the amber coloured liquid dial is suitable. It does not leave soap residue/film.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

Do you have any idea what the difference is between soap for humans and soap/cleanser for leather? Thought not....later

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Anyone ever use Saddle Soap........

Reply to
Rick

I just went to O'Reilly Auto Parts & picked up a bottle of "Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner" (1 step, not 2 step)... worked pretty well... I have no complaints.. it softened the leather quite a bit & makes it much more enjoyable. Doesn't even smell bad. I give it a definite thumbs up. I'm sure the 2-step system they provide is better... I couldn't find Lexol ANYWHERE.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset