What is your IDEAL car???

Damn, now my list is up to twenty two. I have to add the CTS-V and I forgot all about the new Viper truck (SRT-10). Oh, and what the hell, make it twenty three. Add a lightning pickup to my list too. I'll take a current version until the next generation comes out.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

"A Guy Named Steve" wrote in news:hmOJb.36200$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

IIRC, he and I are about the same age with the same car (except for tranny and color) bought new about the same time.

Yep. We're a couple of old guys with old, high-mileage cars. ;)

Joe

Yes,

But now the hard part... try to get it to three!

It's too easy to ramble off a whole bunch of cars. Start by whittling it down to a top ten... baby steps. :)

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

So is that something for me to look forward to?

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

It only says, when you find something you really like, hold onto it.

As for OLD, I've got a bottle of Scotch that's older than my car, so I'm not all that worried. But, if it helps, I was only 39 when I bought TFrog.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

If I were to find a very low mile 5.0 notch (at the same time I was in the market), I'd hold onto it. I've got a little more than 5 years to get there, it sounds like.

Steve BBB on a stand.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Golly, not one single hot rodder in the whole group? I guess I'm the only one.

Although there are many candidates for a cool rod ('60 Starliner, '66 Grand Prix, '61 T-bird, etc.), my daydream of the moment would be to take a '66 Dodge Charger and do the whole Pro Touring thing. Here's a pic:

. Sure they're a little goofy looking, but the choice of a Charger isbecause it has this wide-open interior with these four littletuck-n-roll bucket seats that is so cool it makes me smile whenever Isee one. Here are some pix:
The rear seats folddown, and there's a trapdoor to the trunk too. So there's yourversatility.

Of course, I would have everything upholstered in leather and work some shiny birdseye maple in there too. But I would keep the vintage styling overall. A six our eight point roll cage would have to be part of the plan too, because these old unibodies just can't hang without one. AC of course and power everything and a decent stereo with some thumpin woofers.

For power I'd go with a 340 or 360 Mopar small block with efi and a pair of intercooled turbos. I'm liking an efi turbo small block because you can get 20+ mpg and 600+ horsepower out of the same package. With all the preoccupation with the Middle East and terrorism there's something about low teens (and single digit) mpg that is grossing me out lately, so a stroker Hemi or RB mountain motor is out. Although real men (and women) shift their own gears, the freeway traffic I have to deal with in the SF Bay Area requires me to go with a 727 3-spd auto. I'd add the Gear Vendors overdrive to turn it into a six speed, and run a 4.10:1 in the Dana.

I'd relocate the rear leaf springs and put some minitubs in the rear, to fit some 17" rims with 335/45 rubber at least. Ride height would be lowered all around of course, and I'd install the biggest Baer brakes that will fit.

One of the best features of an old crock like this is that the whole deal, with me doing most the work, would come in for not more than $30,000, I could drive it anywhere without fear of damage from weather or knucklehead drivers, and it would never depreciate.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (180 Out) wrote

snip

Turns out to see my pic you need to copy and paste

into the IE Addressline, then ctrl+f for oscott2.jpg. Excuse the technical illiteracy;I'm a liberal arts major.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out
05 Corvette, Viper, Infinity FX45, Ram Truck with Hemi Engine, but my very number one car...Dodge Magnum with a blown Hemi Engine!

-- _______________________________________ "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: The chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Reply to
Just Me "Koi"

Honestly?

I need hauling capacity sometimes (getting more often) but always want something sporty. I also need to be able to carry at least 4 people.

My choice would be the 2002 Ford F-150 HD Supercharged. Cargo, sportiness, capacity.

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner