What's the best wax

Any recommendations for good polish, just bought a new black '05 Mustang

Reply to
Mike Villeneuve

Zaino - its the best. Get the following:

Z-2 Pro ZFX Z-6 Z-7 wash several applicator pads

Musty

Never heard of it. Is it new?

Reply to
Mark C.

I believe it is relatively new. I use it on my brand new car. Its quite amazing. It works out cheaper and is less work than traditional waxes. It really gives a show car "wet" look.

Reply to
Musty

People have been talking about Zaino for the roughly two years I have been actively reading RAMFM.

Reply to
cprice

I did the whole Zaino thing for a few years and stopped. It's good for indoor shows and such, but sucks if you drive in bad weather a lot (comes right off). I use Mothers Caruba wax now. IMHO it shines just as well and stays on longer.

One more thing, with Zaino, you need a f---ing chemistry degree. They send you a kit with a f---ing dropper to mix the polish correctly. When I'm in my garage drinking beer and smoking weed, I DON'T HAVE TIME to measure f---ing chemicals!!!

Reply to
natshaw99

I have never tried Zano, have used Mothers polishes, they are good. I have used Meguiars wax and polishing products for years and years. Their Gold class is a nice liquid wax that puts on a real nice gloss and lasts a good while.

You are prolly going to just have to try different things until you find what you like.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

A while back, after i reported my being really impressed with Klasse

3-in-1 wax, a few others posted their equally good experiences.

Go with Klasse

vince garcia

LOL, it is a bit like a chemistry set! Actually its not that bad. The only mixing you have to do is a few drops of ZFX(curing compound) with the Z2-PRO polish. I did not experience Zaino coming off in bad weather, but it really depends how bad you are talking about. Caruba waxes are very good though. I also recommed this site for cleaning/wazing products:

If nothing else, make sure you real 100% cotton towels for all your drying etc. Typically the Wal-Mart towels are not real 100% cotton.

Reply to
Musty

Indeed.. I particularly like Meguiar's gold class liquid wax. It's real nice, but too much "dust" when buffing. I just waxed my car a couple days ago with Mother's Carnuba wax... wasn't too bad at all! I've heard a lot of good things about Zaino... but f*ck that's hard to obtain lol... I think I am going to try Klasse.. heard a lot of good things about it as well.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Kate (or anybody really),

Have you heard anything good/bad about

?

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Never heard of it. But what the hell, if you try new stuff, you ight just find something you really like!

All this talk about waxes, maybe I'll do my car today. At least give her a bath.

| > You are prolly going to just have to try different things until you find | > what you like. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well, I was hoping someone else had tried it... b/c it's $60 + ship.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

its great, till it rains. My '04 (metalic grey) looked phenomenal, but the first rain washed it off. Went back to zaino.

Reply to
japhar81

Really? They said it lasted through 150 washes or somethin.. Zaino is pricey too! I'm gonna put another coat of Mothers on there.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

they lied:)

Mothers is good stuff.

Reply to
japhar81

LOL... guess they did lie. Ah well, glad I didn't waste my $$ on it then. Yeah.. it's nice out, I'm going to wax my car again.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

its nice out here too... come wax mine:)

Reply to
japhar81

LOL... for $20 ;).

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

I've tried many waxes but two experiences stick with me. Zymol smells like bananas and when I used it, swarms of wasps and bees would show up. Eagle One (whose products I used to like) came out with "Nano Wax" which was trash. It smelled just like all the other cheap waxes out there (indicating is WAS like them) went on and came off with great difficulty. New Turtle Wax (can't remember the exact type) worked far better. But, a friend's car looked better than it ever did when he used Zano.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA