What's the best wax

Done, but I expect 4 coats.

Reply to
japhar81

????? $100 :D

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

phenomenal,

Reply to
<memset

I just cannot imagine ANY wax being worth $60.

Seriously.

Kate

| > All this talk about waxes, maybe I'll do my car today. | > At least give her a bath. | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

DAMN! I'll give ya $20 to wax mine too! I have clean bonnets and the buffer all ready...

Kate

| > > -Mike | > >

| > > -- | > > Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean! | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I have been using "Nu Finish" for many years, great stuff for about $15.

Just made my shiny new '05 black convertible look very nice!

Reply to
Cuthbert.J.Twillie

You realize that Nu-Finish is intended for very old cars. It performs "cutting" meaning you just cut into that nice '05 paint. It makes old dull paint look new because it cuts it to expose new paint. Its a cut'n'polish. Very bad stuff. Zaino is completely non-destructive if you stick with Z2/Z6 combo.

Reply to
Musty

Same here. Klasse is awesome. Does not disappear after a few carwashes or some hot weather.

Reply to
RT

No signs of paint on the cloths. Car looks great. And my white '66 coupe has had it on it for many years, it looks great too !

Reply to
Cuthbert.J.Twillie

I always thought all polishes "cut" to an extent. I've used a polish on my

98 GT before to help get rid of scratches... never screwed my paint.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

cut'n'polish.

Reply to
<memset

"Cuthbert.J.Twillie" wrote

That's because your cutting the CLEARcoat.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

That's because the new one has a clear coat. You won't see what it is wearing off because of that.

Musty is right you should NOT use Nu Finish on a new car.

Sorry, sad but true.

Kate

| >You realize that Nu-Finish is intended for very old cars. It performs | >"cutting" meaning you just cut into that nice '05 paint. It makes old dull | >paint look new because it cuts it to expose new paint. Its a cut'n'polish. | >Very bad stuff. Zaino is completely non-destructive if you stick with Z2/Z6 | >combo. | | No signs of paint on the cloths. Car looks great. And my white '66 | coupe has had it on it for many years, it looks great too ! |

Reply to
SVTKate

That's what the "polish" does. Using it to remove scratches and swirls is what it is intended to do. A WAX is non abrasive. Each is it's own seperate step in maintaining a nice finish on your car.

You would use a wax often, but a rubbing/polishing compound only when needed.

Kate

| > >You realize that Nu-Finish is intended for very old cars. It performs | > >"cutting" meaning you just cut into that nice '05 paint. It makes old | dull | > >paint look new because it cuts it to expose new paint. Its a | cut'n'polish. | > >Very bad stuff. Zaino is completely non-destructive if you stick with | Z2/Z6 | > >combo. | >

| > No signs of paint on the cloths. Car looks great. And my white '66 | > coupe has had it on it for many years, it looks great too ! | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

If I may, I'd like to suggest a clay-bar cleaner process as a once or twice-a-year total car activity. It works great at cleaning off the fine contaminants that build up and don't always come off with a wash and/or wax. Tree sap and bug hits to name a couple.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Thought so. I knew a wax was non-abrasive.... I've only polished my car twice in 3 years. Maintaining a nice couple coats of wax (occassionally getting out Dawn & getting rid of all of it) has kept her looking pretty decent *I* think.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

"Dinsdale" wrote

Not on a brand new paint job!!

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Good point. Using a cut'n'polish on a new car is un-necessary because its destructive. Please, save that ClearCoat!!

Reply to
Musty