What's This Chingie?

First time I've seen one. What's the scoop?

CobraJet

Looks like a beefy version of the spring that puts tension on the clutch packs.

Reply to
John C.

Then I assume it's a legit upgrade part. Thanks!

Reply to
CobraJet

That is indeed what it is The spring is in the center of the spider gears and puts pressure outward on both clutch packs. It is said the truck/Explorer (31 spline) has a heavier spring than the cars (28 spline) Which I would assume this would be.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy