What's this worth?

Sweet ride.

60 to 70K should put you behind the wheel.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

Dunno, there is a 68 500 forsale in my province for $142,500.

Keep in mind $142,500 is in CDN dollars. About ~110-115 USD methinks.

Sweet ride.

Reply to
cprice

Would that be BC or Ontario?

Seems that some people just have too much money to burn.

Reply to
Richard

Bah. No pot smokers or lefty liberals in my province. :)

Check the link.

Reply to
cprice

Disclaimer: While some will quickly brand this as a trolling post (as some have probably branded me a troll), I can only say it is not meant to be. It is only meant to cause a discussion as to the is, what I feel, an over-inflation of prices for these cars.

Okay, lets start... think about this. Even at the lower end of $60K-$70K for this car, is it really worth it? Okay, for some who have the excess cash, storage space, and collect these cars, perhaps. But for the average enthusiast who wants to slide a hobby car into his/her

2 or 3 car garage, are they really going to get their money's worth. And by "money's worth", I'm taking about behind-the-wheel enjoyment (and not the starring at it while it's parked in the garage.) I say this because, really, how many miles (and the accompanying stone chips, bug stains, rust, corrosion, and other wear-and tear.) are you going to be able to log on a car like this Shelby before its value starts to plummit? Not to mention the fear of getting into a fender bender, or throwing a rod winding it up... and god forbid you do this to a low-mileage original! Sure, the same can be said of a new high-performance car, but at least with one of those the replacement parts/trim pieces are readily available and affordable. Something that can't be said for many of 50's-60's collectors cars.

Let me close by saying, the hobby NEEDS folks to take care of our automotive history. And I appreciate what these collectors and what do; however, I feel they should be able to do it for much less cost. A realistic price for this Shelby, in my eyes, $50K, tops. The average, more like $30K-$40K.

Your comments...?

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L