What's up my ford's engine plate?

Hi

I am a newbie, Have a ford that has being a loyal servant for many years decided its had enough. The plate that holds the engine snapped and my engine is ping-ponging under the hood. Will have it checked out tomorrow, i hope the damage is not unrepairable.

Wish me luck

Reply to
JugglingMum

Motor Mounts perhaps? Its been a long time since I had that problem. Auto parts store for the motor mounts, jack stands, floor jack and wood scraps, creeper, and some wrenches is all it took. Just have to get the engine up a few inches on one side to change the broken one then the other. Didn't even have to unhook anything. That one was on my Dodge Cornet with the 318. When my Wagoner needed new mounts, I upgraded my method making use of an engine hoist instead of the floor jack. I like the hoist method a whole lot better even though it took longer to rig up. Both times nothing was damaged by the de-laminated mount. I can't imagine a shop needing more than about 1/2 hour to make the change given that they are all set up with hoists already.

Reply to
columbotrek

JugglingMum wrote in news:b4f73131-a88f-4204-81b2- snipped-for-privacy@v13g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

I'm sure we can all figure out your problem, not even knowing the year, the model, what engine it is, and whether it's even a Mustang or not.

Engine plate? Only race cars have engine plates. Stock cars use rubber loaded engine mounts to secure the engine to the chassis. Sounds like one of these has failed.

Reply to
elaich

I'm assuming you are referring to a broken engine mount, if so this is a fairly easy fix just about any service station can do. Assuming this is a Mustang you can also upgrade by replacing the stock mounts with ones for a convertible (assuming you're not already driving a convertible). These are supposedly stronger and allow the engine to sit lower. While your at it you might as well replace the transmission mount as well.

Reply to
Ironrod