What the heck is it?

Dude!

Warn me next time

I almost tossed cookies on my monitor.

First thing I thought when I saw it was 'it came from some direct to video sci-fi movie' but then again they would have blown it up for sure if that were the case.....

Blue Gator wrote:

steve

at 15 Dec 2003, Blue Gator [blue snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net] wrote in news:_kuDb.401617$275.1274810@attbi_s53:

Hmm, bidding has ended. Did anybody notice the pictures show a silver car, yet the description states 'exterior color: red'?

Reply to
Paul

Yeah, I was going to comment on that...

I'd say that the car is a *little* on the rare side, and at least they could take a photo of the actual car..

smells like a scam to me !

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Heck, I would pay a dollar for that any day.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

looks like he mixed interior with exterior. says the interior is silver and the exterior is red in the add.

Reply to
Jon Eyman

Looks like an early 70s hot wheels car. If it isn't then it's probably someone's kit car from the late 60s or 70s.

But hey, starting bid was only a buck before they pulled it ;)

Reply to
Brent P

Johnny K

Hmm... and it has a 12 cyl engine... and 4 lug wheels ???

Strannnngggeee ??...!!

Chief_Wiggum

The 2 pictures in the photo gallery with guys inside was from the Stanley Kubrick film "Clockwork Orange" I think that's Malcolm McDowell driving.

Sauger

That car is the "Durango 95" as it was called in " A Clockwork Orange" Alex and his droogs are out for a malenky bit of ultraviolence.

"No time for the old in-out, love. I've just come to read the meter"

Ah, these youngsters today...... StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

and his droogs

Yep that's it, and I'm pretty sure it's a kit car like the Bradley GT.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Alex and his droogs

I think I saw that film... Can't remember.

Can't remember anything from back then.

Am I married?!? WTF?!?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Did anybody notice, next to CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGE, there's another button AOLERS CLICK HERE?

As a lapsed AOLer, I didn't look to see what it was. But I thought it was funny.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

I see I'm not the only sci-fi fan here.

Alex and his droogs

> egory=6057

Reply to
Sauger

its an ugly sumbitch...thats what it is.

~John

John King

Guys,

The car in the main picture is an Adams Brothers Probe 15.

More information here:

The car in the other shots from "A Clockwork Orange" in the "Durango 95" or a Probe 16. If you are interested, have a look here:

egory=6057

Reply to
Paul Tapp

Same set of picture setup differently.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Thanks for the info. Very interesting ... now I have to go buy one.

Blue Gator

> egory=6057

Reply to
Blue Gator