What to check for on a 1966 Mustang Convertible

Hi guys,

I just bought a 1965 (1966 model) 289 3 speed manual Ford Mustang Convertible (for a picture: have a look at

It's a Texas car, restored in Oklahoma. It had te engine taken out, machined and balanced, got a new radiator, altenator, starter engine and shock and has a rebuilt transmission.

I will take it to a garage there to have a mechanic have a look at it and I know I should look for rust underneath the doors and in the wheel arches as an indication for rust. But I would also like to know what other points I should make sure he doesn't forget to check.

Who could tell me what I should make sure is checked? Is there someone who has a website which has a checklist on it?

Thanks!

Michel

Reply to
Michel Wets

After buying my 66 vert, these are the areas I wished I ckecked better:

Inner rockers - Use an ice pick and tap through the carpet to see if they are solid

Torque boxes, front & rear

Cowl - lay on your back and look up on passenger side w flashlight check hat for holes

Trunk floor around gas tank ad drop offs

Patrick

66 silver blue convertible "rustang"
Reply to
NUPRO FGP