What to do with a 67?

I have a 67 GT fastback with a 390 and C6. I have owned this car for around

15 years.The engine and trans have been rebuilt and have some years on them, but very few miles. Both work fine. The body is pretty straight to look at it, but there are rust problems in the cowl, floors, and quarter panels. The interior needs upholstery, dash pad, carpet, and miscellaneous trim pieces. Also, the textured metal panels at the top of the doors are rusted.

I did a lot of work on this car in years past in the autobody shop classes at my local JC. All bodyshop equipment and experienced help is available there. I can take more classes there if I want to. I just finished a major life project, and now I have a little time available.

My question is, what is anyone's opinion on what to do with this car? It's a blast to drive, but also scary to drive. Lots of power and 1967 era brakes (bear in mind that my daily driver is a 96 Corvette). It gets lots of looks (when it doesn't have primer spots like it does right now) and lots of people coming to the door wanting to buy it. I'd love to have it restored to its original glory, but then again that original glory is that its a 1967 Mustang.

Opinions, anyone?

Reply to
Yen

Why not do a resto mod type thing? I'm not an expert on the older Mustangs, but it seems like you could upgrade the brakes and suspension to perform better. You can get vintage style wheels in 17" that wouldn't look out of place on an older car plus give you room for bigger brakes. I'm not exactly sure what could be done with the suspension, but maybe clone a Shelby setup.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

If it was mine, I would restore it to stock specs.But as they say, it's your car, do with it as you want....if you don't want it any more, and your willing to part with it reasonably, I'll buy it off of you.........Of course it will also depend on where in the country you live................

Bill S.

Yen wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.