What Will Replace Our Second Generation Of Dinosaurs? The Next American Hot Rod.

'The 300C SRT8 and the Magnum SRT8 have few shortcomings. One being both cars are a bit thirsty, with EPA fuel economy ratings of 14 m.p.g. city and 20 m.p.g. highway.'

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1124854501.286110.26860 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

vehicles

world's

developing

I think we've already seen the next gen hot rods. They're all the SRT4s, Civics, Focuses, WRXs, etc. tearing up the streets.

Unfortunately, a lot are done in bad taste, but those cars can be made pretty damn quick and still look decent.

Next up? The MX5. Very cool car.

2 cents..

Joe

That's a good point! But I referring to pushing the envelope to the next level because many of those cars -- Civic, GLH vs SRT-4, and the WRX isn't light -- have gained weight over the years. I see things really going to flyweight and bullet-shaped status.

I agree. And I credit Mazda for working so hard to keep the weight down.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L