When Was The Last Time You Saw A Really Nice Clean 5-Oh?

When was the last time you saw a really nice clean 5-oh Mustang?

When was the last time you saw a really nice, clean, *stock* 5-oh Mustang?

Now when was the last time you saw a really nice, clean, *stock* daily-driven, 5-oh Mustang?

I'm specifically talking about the '82-'93 Fox Mustangs, but I guess you could even toss in the 94s and 5s since they're over a decade old now too. (Scary, huh... realizing the Fox-4s debuted over 10 years ago?) But think about it... these cars are starting to get rare. I see them now only every so often, and I live in the South. Can't imagine how few you'd see up North. And then when you do see them, most are either rolling wrecks or are modified to the hilt. The last one (a daily driver) I can remember seeing was over a month ago. It was an early 90's model, LX hatch, in fading dark red paint. It was clean and straight and was driven by a guy about my age. He was just tooling along, and we exchanged waves.

How about everyone else? When was the last time you saw a really nice clean daily-driven 5-oh Mustang?

Patrick '93 Cobra (daily driven)

Reply to
NoOption5L

I had a nice 89 LX notchback with 5.0/5sp that was bone stock and daily driven. When it was stolen out of my driveway a few years ago, it still only had about 45,000 miles on it. You could eat off the engine and there wasn't a mark on it other than the flaking rubber on the quarter windows in the back (which I fixed). I hope whoever stole it wrapped themselves around a tree with it.

8-(
Reply to
Ritz

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1125781213.842496.139790 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

This morning.

Years ago.

Years ago.

Mine's a _really_ nice, clean daily-driven 5.0. And I'm the original owner.

Joe

Just last week as a matter of fact.

Reply to
SVTKate

Couple of hours ago. I actually washed both of the Twins today, the first day of a perfect 3-day weekend. Now that I have a well, though, the water pressure needs boosting when I use the hose...

Are we going to argue about what's "stock" now? CFrog just got a Ford Racing radiator, so I guess it's no longer "stock". TFrog isn't stock, either, since it's had its share of upgrades. But the engine, itself, has never been opened.

Every day. Every stinkin' day. The Twins have their problems, but I'm still very happy to have both.

We've talked about the declining population of Fox Mustangs before. I'm still waiting for them to be declared collectibles with climbing value... First offer I get for $15,000 takes CFrog.

dwight

dwight

20 Minutes ago when I came from the garage. :oD
2 weeks ago.
2 Weeks ago (same car) Late 50sish woman. Then theres an older lady in her mid 60s or so that drives a dark green one with black vert top. I actually still see quite a few around where I am. Not as many as a year ago, but I changed jobs and I don't drive all over the entire Parish like I did then.
Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Daily. My 93 has 35,000 miles on the clock, is bone stock, and looks like new. And yes, it's a daily driver.

I used to think this car was somewhat special, but it's not really. If you look hard enough, there are more than a few stock 5.0s out there with low mileage. They are hard to find, but not impossible.

So to answer your question, yeah, I see one lots.

I thought about putting it up for sale a while ago. I'd ask $12K US. Take it or leave it, I don't care. But , truthfully, I wouldn't sell it, so there. :)

Yes, they are getting rare. And the more rare they get, the more I want to keep mine - though I would seriously consider losing it for a 93 Cobra. Dunno why but I just love those cars. :)

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I'll let my LX go for $12k... ;)

Joe

:oD

Heh, yeah, I'll have to change my name. Maybe, "The Badger"....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

This morning when I put the first load of laundry in the washer :)

I have one.. daily driven.... although it needs some *work* it is minor stuff for the most part.

Changed out the drivers side window motor 2 weekends ago. Need to fix a minor rust spot on the roof near the sun roof... Have to replace one of the headlights today... which will complete the lopsided look the car has, since it had smoke headlights and tailight assemblies when I bought it.. one headlight got damanged when it fell out and busted the glass (which is why I am replacing it) and I got into a minor fender bender which busted the tailight assembly.

So currently I have the drivers side in smoke and the passenger side in clear LOL. But hey, I am replacing stuff as needed/funds available.

The car has just under 145,000 miles on it.

It has been repainted a couple of times, and the most recent one was done by a previous owner who owned his own paint shop. It wasn't the best job in the world and the clearcoat is peeling off of spots on the roof.

:)

Reply to
JC

Reply to
Scott S.

that would have to be the one I bought 5 months ago!!!!!

Reply to
IsellJeeps

What a sad waste. Sort of like being married to a Super Model and sleeping in separate bedrooms.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Last July -just before some IDIOT girl on a cell phone totaled it :( MG

Reply to
Mr.~G.

And, you ARE sueing her for the herniated disks, constant headaches, fear of driving and severe emotional distress for losing your collectable vintage Mustang, right?? Especially since she was plain guilty of distracted driving....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Try living with 2 dirt race tracks within 75 miles. The Fox Mustangs are favorites for the mini-stock division. They are rare as hen's teeth around here. Of course, the racers are looking for the four bangers, but some of them have a few 2.3s stockpiled, and will buy any Mustang when they need a new race car.

I've offered to allow me to dismantle them, so I can save usable parts, but they don't have the patience. It's bust out the sledge hammer, the torch, and the tin snips for them.

They've also decimated the local Pinto population. I have one of those, too.

Reply to
elaich

It's hard to find decent ones anywhere that the kids haven't "improved" with all the usual silliness. Finding a nice clean STOCK 5.0 fox Mustang is really not that easy unless you just want to camp out on Ebay and pay top dollar to snag them as they appear. A clean 93 notchback

5sp would be nice to have around for sunny days since Ford seems intent on dribbling out the supply of 2006 'stangs at a snail's pace.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

Ritz wrote in news:e2UVe.364$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga:

I guess I'm Lucky, then. I found my bone stock '83 GT (except for a little bit of cam) via a friend for $1000.

Reply to
elaich