Where do I sell my new Mustang?

I wrecked my Subaru WRX back in July, nearly killed myself, cervical collar for 3 months, bottom line: bought an '06 Mustang GT (Premium) coup at the end of Dec. Get a sweet letter from the CA DMV 1 week later stating that my license was about to be revoked due to negligent driving. Had the hearing in Jan but the officer Bitch Jingles, who shall burn in hell, sent her decision immediately and ordered it revoked with no exceptions (back and forth to work, etc). I won't be eligible for a DL ntil Feb, 2007. Fine, whatever. Thing is, I have this white elephant on my hands and I really want to unload her. I don't want to ruin my credit, I've worked very hard to get it sparkling clean. I don't want to "turn it in" - my options are private party or I can sell the car back to Ford. Being that this is all new to me, I'm looking for advice. Anyone have any ideas on my best course of action to get the most back for my car possible? I have resigned myself to the fact that I will end up losing money, but at this point I would consider it a victory not to pay monthly car and insurance payments for a car that sits in my garage.

you are the one who can make us all laugh, but doing that you break out in tears

Reply to
dlkaj;dfkl

First ask the dealer if they will do a buy back. They will say yes and offer you a sinful price. If you can handle the hit then do it just to get out of it. Otherwise list it on e-bay with your no shit bottom line as a reserve and sit back & wait. Maybe it will sell, maybe it won't. You just have to decide how bad of a beating you want to take, I guess at least 20 - 30 percent off what you paid should be about right.

I don't know what options you have, but I can get a stock no option GT premium coupe for $24,908 locally. So the best you might be able to get on e-bay is ~ $17,435.60 - $18,681 which is a discount of 25 - 30% off original invoice. I would put my reserve at 19/20K and pray. I know that sucks the big one, but depending on how much you put down & still owe to FMC you might come out clean. You do not want to turn it in if at all possible. To bad it is white or we might be able to talk. I still might be interested if it is a stick, but don't look for me to be your friend on the deal. Sorry, but that is life.

Forget about all of the taxes & tags costs as they are sunk never to be seen again, which is also life.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Haha, yeah, I've pretty much accepted that I'll be walking nice and bow-legged once all this blows over :/ Actually, the car is Tungsten Gray (not white, don't know why I said "white" elephant), has MT, lojack, factory anti-theft system, interior upgrade package, & 18" wheels. She's sweet and she's a beauty and we didn't even get to know each other that well but I'm gonna miss her. Gonna see how badly the dealer bends me over tomorrow before I decide to go EBAY -

you are the one who can make us all laugh, but doing that you break out in tears

Reply to
dlkaj;dfkl

I have a 2005 GT Premium Coupe Sonic Blue (now has 8K miles after owning a year) that I thought about selling, it's pretty well loaded. EBay has them going for about 26K with the same mileage. With Ford giving up to $3K in discounts, you might sell about 27K

Ford : Mustang GT Premium C 2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 1 Texas Owner, 7K Ford : Mustang GT *2006 FORD MUSTANG GT PREMIUM PACKAGE* Convertible

Ford : Mustang 2006 Ford Mustang GT V8 Premium Convertible 5-Speed Man

begin 666 s.gif M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)'_`/___P```,# P ```"'Y! $```(`+ `````!``$```(" $5 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Mike

Now we are talking a slightly different tune. Find out how badly the dealer wants to screw you and then post back. We "MIGHT" be able to work something out.

Reply to
Zombywoof

If you think the DMV reamed you, just wait until you see what the market value of your car is. As frustrating as it might be, are you able to keep the car, or do you need the monthly payment to pay for other forms of transportation? And in '07 and '08, you'd still have basically a new car, the nicest '06 out there....

This isn't a popular sentiment around here, 'cuz everyone loves trash to lawyers, but this is one of those situations where one might have helped. (then again, maybe you had one and still got screwed). If not, call a few and see what they say. I don't pretend to know CA law, but I'm sure there's an appeal process, even from administrative decisions. Of course, the time limits on those are normally 30 days, so it's probably too late now, but it's worth calling an atty that does traffic stuff to see.

Wabbitslayer

01 GT vert
Reply to
wabbitslayer

yeah, lawyers are scum, but the government uses the same lawyers and they are nothing more than scumbags in training. Get a free consultation from a traffic lawyer. Make sure you are aware of what it will cost you to get this fixed.

Reply to
RT

This is a little OT, but a local Suzuki dealer has an 05 GT hardtop with 35k miles advertized for $29.999. I'm thinking, isn't that about what it was new? Or maybe a hair more.

John

Reply to
jmvannoy

I highly doubt that it can be fixed at this juncture. Even if it was can you even hazard a guess at what the insurance premiums are going to be on a 06 GT with a wanton reckless driving conviction, even if he is allowed to drive to & fro work?

Reply to
Zombywoof

From the original post it wasn't clear that there was a conviction for "wanton reckless driving". He made it sound like it was an DMV administrative decision. If that is correct he probably should see a lawyer about that decision. I would think that letting it stand will cost him a fortune in insurance over the next decade.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

From the original "revoked due to negligent driving. Had the hearing in Jan but the officer Bitch Jingles, who shall burn in hell, sent her decision immediately and ordered it revoked with no exceptions (back and forth to work, etc)."

Maybe in Ca DMV gives you a hearing, but here in these parts that's a judge who does that. DMV just sends you a letter with what they are going to do based on the judges decision. Once all of that happens you are basically FUBARed.

Reply to
Zombywoof

i recently bought a 1984 mustang that i am going to fix up for my daughter for when she starts driving. i actuallly got it on ebay. i dont know if that would work for you but it is an option.....

Reply to
newmexican

Ouch, that's gotta sting.

Good out look, it is the learning of our lessons as we move through life that keeps Darwin from kicking in. Helluva expensive lesson to learn though.

Reply to
Zombywoof

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:05:03 -0800, psyche puked:

That's CA, right?

lab~rat >:-)