Where do you buy bulbs for your '05 Mustang?

Not something I anticipated having trouble finding. Been to Trak, Chief's and Pep Boys so far. They are listed in the catalogs hanging in the aisle, but no one actually stocks them. The Sylvania 9008, for example. Wassup with that?

I know this was a redesign, but they couldn't use an existing bulb type? I use the 9005 in my truck. It's a very nice bulb. Team Mustang couldn't just design that one in?

I'm an engineer myself (satcom), and even on the bleeding edge stuff, for basic things (panel displays, LED lights, buttons) we look for what's readily available.

I have this vision of a Ford guy looking at a diagram and saying, "Hmmm... the base of the bulb has tabs at 55 degrees and 95 degrees. We really need the tabs at 60 degrees and 91.2 degrees. That's important."

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Try searching for an "H13" bulb instead. They are the same bulb. So that would be Sylvania H13 or H13XV (xtravision...which is a bit brighter). I saw an ad on ebay selling H13's for $25/pair.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

Yeah, it says H13 in the manual, but the "9008" seems common... in the catalogs.

Geez. Ebay?

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Uhh... the dealer? Bumper to bumper? OR if it's crash related, your insurance company. A good whack on the lens could ruin the bulb but not the lens.

OR, you could be looking for those super bright bulbs, in which case ignore this post.

Reply to
Kate

Actually, I was in for my 5K service and asked, and they had none in stock.

I'm just one of those weird people who plans ahead, and likes to have replacements bulbs on hand. I have an earthquake disaster kit, too, with one of those neat wond up radios.

I just want to buy some fraking headlight in a auto parts store.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

I run into that a lot here. All I want is one little dang thing, and no one has it. Drives me insane.

Like you I try to be prepared.

Dang 5,000 miles already! I just passed 300

Reply to
Kate

Ask Sylvania.

They did.

So do they. And don't brag.

Bullshit, call another dealer. You want me to show you how to use the yellow pages and the phone as well?

Reply to
Wound Up

There's more to it than the connectors and such. The filment in the bulb etc and so forth have to match with the optics of the lamp.

Reply to
Brent P