Where is the Ford Mustang with nuclear engine ? ? ?

Gas is becoming too expensive, I want a car that can drive for 2 years with a single bar of Plutonium 239 !

Where is it?

Reply to
Karl-Hugo Weesberg

In 10 years you should be able to get a "Mr. Fusion" conversion

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Will it come with the "Mr. Radar" too? ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

Karl-Hugo Weesberg opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Screw that!

a diy guy like me can hardly find a single flux-capacitor on EBay, any more... even the old ones... and forget about the newer ones that convert table scraps and beer cans!!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Amusing post, but with alternate fueled vehicles starting to sell in real numbers, how long with gasoline based cars exist?

If I'm alive when the time comes, I plan to gut my 66, and convert it to what ever power source our cars of the future will use.

John

66 2+2
Reply to
John Del

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (John Del) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

As long as oil companies continue to reap record profits for producing petroleum-based fuels, the internal combustion engine will be the standard. So far, nothing has been developed that has the reliability, safety, and low total cost of ownership as the internal combustion engine. Technologically, I'm sure it could've been, but it simply hasn't yet because of "other" agendas. Read between those lines.

Joe

When/if the oil runs out there will be extreme global chaos and anarchy. How you get around town will be a minor problem in comparison to other major crisis.

Reply to
Gumby

You can have the Mr. Fusion and the Flux Capacitor...

I'll take the hover-conversion to bypass all this blasted So. Cal. traffic!

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Reply to
J. Michael Gilker