Which is correct???

I have been out of the stang scene for a few years, my first car was and still is a 67' T-5 and I just ordered my 05' acouple of weeks ago, my question is that I went to Crackle Barrel last week and run up on an awsome

04' anniversary Mach 1..... then today I ran up on a poster from Ford that had the 05' and mentioned that it was the 40th anniversay model...... which is true?? I know that 64 1/2 was the first year, so how do they claim that the 05' is the special one? Can someone clear the smoke for me? Thanks
Reply to
Spider

It's all marketing. It sold a lot of cars last year, so why not try again this year? We all know that the '05 is the 41st model year.

Reply to
boB

I see what your talking about...... I don't think that they had to resort to that to sell cars.... this stang is doing fine on its own......

Reply to
Spider

The '05 Mustang is the 40th model year. Although the '64 1/2 Mustangs are seperated from the '65's due to slight differences, they were built for and titled as '65 Mustang's.

Reply to
WraithCobra

The second half production '89s and first half production '90s had 25th anniversary badges...have the first, seen the second. If that holds true, the early '05s should have badges. Any info on the other anniversary years?

bradtx

Reply to
B2723m

Badges??? We don't need no stinking badges!!

Reply to
Gumby

I know, I had an early '89 GT without the badge. That "badge" was considered a "mod" for early '89 owners! I never did add one to mine...

Reply to
WraithCobra

Mine has the "25 Years" badge. The guy that bought my car new and his brother bought the last two 89 V8's on the lot.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]