Which Version of Ford EEC do I have

Hello,

'95 Mustang GT. 302cu inch, 5spd. 42,000 miles. I have a few questions which I have not been able to find a concise answer to.

1) Which version of Ford's EEC do I have EEC-IV or EEC-5 2) Do I have ODB-I or ODB-II 3) Who manufactures a good code reader easily used by a novice 4) Where do I find a list of codes. I've found many on the internet. None were consistant. Hopefully, the code reader would come with a list.

Thank you,

Loops

Reply to
Loops

I believe it's the EEC-IV which is OBD-I, and the '96+ 4.6L use the EEC-V which is OBD-II. While a code reader is nice, it is not needed to pull codes and run diagnostics on the EEC-IV. Here's a page that shows how;

WraithCobra

You should have the EEC-IV, ODB-1.

Dont remember the brand, but you can pick up a decent one at your local Discount Auto Parts, Autozone, etc for $20 or so.

Yeah the code reader will come with a list of codes. The Corral used to have a database but I dont see it anymore.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang