Whining Sound (not from me)

All -

I am noticing a couple of sounds that are concerning me and wondering if anyone has thoughts before I take the car into the shop to be looked at:

- When at high speeds (60+ mph) I am noticing a soft high pitch sound. At first, I thought it was just wind noise, but now I am thinking its coming from the front of the car...

- Here's the one that is really odd. When I decellerate (especially from 30 mph and above), I hear a loud whining noise from (what I think is) the front end. This occurs until the car stops and it does so regardless if I apply the brakes or not. This noise does deeper in pitch as the car decellerates... Hmmm....

Any thoughts?? Transmission related?

thanks for any advice?

take care, Brian

Reply to
Brian Ober

Uh, does it have a blower?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Doh! Its a stock '01 GT.

Reply to
Brian Ober

This is the point in time that I need to admit that I do not know shit about cars (I am learning slowly but surely) :-)

Its a stock 2001 GT.

thanks! Brian

Reply to
Brian Ober