Whisseling sound after installing larger throttlebody and airfilter

Hi again! (lots of questions today..)

I addition to the 1991 Mustang, we also have a 1998 Mustang conv. with the

3,8 V6. After installing a larger throttlebodykit from BBK and a BBK cold air intake (which goes in the fenderwall), it's started to give this annoying whisseling noise when I accelerate. Looks like it has something to do with pulling in false air somewhere, because when it shifts to a lower gear, the whisseling noise changes..

Any ideas?

Regards Tomas Kristiansen Norway

Reply to
Tomas Kristiansen

That noise is typical of "freer" flowing air filters. Just removing the snorkel from the stock filter box would have given pretty much the same noise. If that noise bothers you, don't ever consider installing a forced air (S/C or turbo). FWIW ... turn up the radio

Reply to
Jafo
** That noise is typical of "freer" flowing air filters. Just removing the ** snorkel from the stock filter box would have given pretty much the same ** noise. If that noise bothers you, don't ever consider installing a forced ** air (S/C or turbo). ** FWIW ... turn up the radio

I couldn't say if the air filter was any 'freer' or not. The whistling sound is probably the throttle body. OEM equipment keeps noise like that to a minimum.

Reply to
JD Adams

Tomas,

First tell us how the car runs. Does it run better now with the larger TB & cold air kit or worse? If it runs better, I wouldn't worry much about it. However, if you're having any driveability issues, THEN I'd be troubleshooting.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

After I installed my CAI, I had a bit of a whistling noise too. I don't have a larger TB.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Although my car doesn't have a "whisseling" noise. Just whistling.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

We have turbocharged cars too, a Chevy Silverado with the 6.5 litre turbodiesel, but it doesn't reach the high pitch sound the -98 Mustang makes when I floor it. I also had a 96 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo.. :)

Tomas

"Jafo" skrev i melding news:bA9Fc.89574$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to
Tomas Kristiansen

lol............ turbo diesels are awesome.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset