Will The Next Cobra Go After This?

At the risk of sounding stupid, what's a Terminator?

Reply to
John

WraithCobra

"WraithCobra" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

That's not what I heard as of '05.

Unless something recently changed, SVT does not exist for '05. There are no offerings for '05 and apparently there is no development going on during '05. Whatever is slated for '06 and '07 is already on the books or will be developed "later", so I've heard.

So who's going to be engineering/developing during '05? I understand that SVT isn't in business for the model year.

Don't know about that. I've seen otherwise.

Hmm..

Where do you find this stuff? All conjecture. Bottom line is that there is no '05 Cobra while there is an '05 GTO and an '05 Corvette. Those are the facts.

The Terminator doesn't even exist - just like the GT. There's no way a mere mortal will get near one. For most people they're pipe dreams.

So let me get this. You're glad that SVT won't be making vehicles for two years, and you're just fine with the fact that the hottest Mustang for '05 will be the GT. Alrighty then.

So where the hell are they? The Corvette is a standard production car. The Terminator is a dream that nobody on this board will own in their lifetime.

So what? That guy's Kia from the other ridiculous thread will win over a Corvette if you stack the drivers.

Reality check: The Terminator is unobtainable. It simply doesn't exist. You can buy a Z06 from any Chevy dealer. Where are you going to get a Terminator?

The Mustang GT is a great car. But there's no SVT badge on it. That's the whole point here.

More conjecture. The C6 is almost on par with the C5 Z06. Extrapolate from there.

Hey, go for it! I hope there's a car for you to buy. But remember that whatever Cobra you own, a Corvette with a blower will absolutely murder it. It's just reality.

Joe

"Joe" wrote

A year behind who? Nobody else on the planet is making ponycars! The GTO is not a head to head competitor with the Mustang. It's a big 4 door Cavalier suffering from abysmal sales.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

"66 6F HCS" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Behind everybody and anybody else. I'm not concerned with labels like 'ponycar' or 'musclecar', I want to see product. The '05 GTO is product, the '05 Cobra is not.

Joe

Ok, and where exactly did you get this info from ? Dude, you have no idea how much r&d goes into a car. Do you really think SVT is not doing anything, then all of a sudden brings out the lightning and Cobra in 06 ? Think again, go troll in the GM newsgroup.

Source ?

Sure, Ford has some financing program now that will let you have first dips on the svt product when it comes out in 2 years. I think that says enough.

again, where's your source that they pulled the plug ?

The GTO ?? mwhahaha, the NEW Mustang GT already outruns it. Can't even imagine what the new Cobra will do to it. On top of that,if you like to drive around in an oversized cavalier with crappy suspension, go ahead.

uhm, 03/04 cobra ? nuff said.

source ?

no, you don't. go buy a gm or worse, a DODGE.

Rein

source ?

Having no SVT's models sold for a modelyear does NOT mean they don't exist.

Sure does, it's the 03/04 COBRA. Got one in my garage. Still consider myself a mere mortal.

Yeah, the 05 Mustang GT whips the GTO's behind. Look out for that Cobra.

Again, it;'s in my garage. Any many other peoples. Dealers might still have some 04's.

alright, you're going in my kill file now buddy.

Dude, you don't even know what you are talking about.

So will a cobra with a KB blower. and it will cost less than a STOCK vette.. Now that is what I call reality.

You drive an automatic and you wanna talk performance cars ? how sad. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Terminator was the code name for 2003 SVT Cobra during development.

Reply to
Dan

As far as I knowm there is going to be a 2005 Lightning. Cobra's not the only thing SVT does, ya know :) ? Everything Ford puts out related to SVT indicates no stop in their operation in the foreseeable future. They have '05 vehicles planned, '05 events planned, and there are at least a dozen S197 SVT Cobra test mules, one them a supercharged, 5.4L, 3 valve, VVT car. I don't where anyone would think that the program doesn't have a budget.

The only remaining question is the powerplant and the IRS :). It'll have IRS it's just that I haven't talked to anyone who knows which one it's getting ;).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

"Dan" wrote in news:0hycd.6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

This article is over a year old:

See the #2 story:
There will be no 2005 SVT models.

Joe

Ok? So? There will be no production. That is different than no SVT. SVT will exist and has a budget but they will be producing no SVT badged vehicles for a year. Why is this an issue?

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

And here's some recent links that I had:

- scroll down
And Ford is considering this as a entry into future SVT lineups"

SVT is in operation through 2005 even if there is no production line. This is especially true since they are responsible for Ford GT production as well. There are plans for both a 2006 SVT Cobra and a Lightning. And the mules are already on the streets so that's more than enough evidence for me :).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net (Dan) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

&s_search_type=keyword&p_sort
2CE&p_t

Can't remember where I heard/read about the SVT division not existing for '05, so I can't quote a source. Hey, I hope I'm wrong - I'd certainly love to see more SVT vehicles down the road. BTW, there's no issue - I just have a hard time with an entire division not producing anything for a whole year.

Joe

I have an 89' 5.0 LX vert and have had it since new. I don't think I would have purchased an 89' GT. I liked the "clean" look of the LX. That brings me to SVT creations. My favorites are the Taurus SVO ( I guess this was an SVT creation), focus with the "spoiler" removed and the late 90's cobras ( which proved the pony didn't need those fake scoops). A car that Ford could sell to me would be the 500 worked over by the SVT team differing only from the stock 500 by having a decent driver's seat and perhaps a small SVT logo on the back. Don't know what engine/transmission combo they could use since the

500 comes with the 3L V6 and the 500 is FWD. I do believe there is a market out there for vanilla looking sedans with decent handling and power. GM tried it with the GTO but I just can't stand the way those cars look. It seems that only Honda and BMW are building performance sedans without body effects/wings/graphics and other useless ornaments that shout "look at me". Well that's my rant. What do you guys think. Will I ever find a replacement for my 5.0 for less than $40K. Howard
Reply to
Howard Nelson

"Howard Nelson" wrote in news:L4Zcd.7345$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

That's exactly why I got my LX. I didn't care for the ground effects on the GT at all. The hatch was a plus - more useful storage space. I had to get the AOD because my wife doesn't drive a stick.

I don't know if SVT did that one, but wasn't the engine bought from someone else? Don't remember.

My favorite SVT product is the Lightning. I'm just disheartened that there won't be an '05.

I'm simply not interested in FWDs at this point.

Indeed. And Daimler-Chrysler is going to run away with it with the

300. Even though it's not quite a "sedan", you can throw in the Magnum.

Agreed. I still think the GTO looks like a Cadillac Catera.

With a few exceptions, BMW has always produced fabulous cars. Hondas are, well, Hondas. There's plenty of aftermarket garbage that people will put on their Hondas and whatever else; we don't need the makers to do it.

A replacement? Sure. Just have your car totally rebuilt from the ground up. I'm in the same boat with my LX. I like pushrod motors, and I like the way the LX feels. It's barbaric enough to remind me that it's an 11-year old car, but it still has a/c, pw, ps, etc. It's perfect. I just want another brand new one. With a few more goodies, too.

Joe

The GTO is two door only.

I hope their sales pick up. I'd love to buy one from the used car market.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

No, they should not be exclusive. Because in 10 years a once exclusive model often means limited aftermarket support. Trust me, I know first hand about the downside of exclusive models with my 93 Cobra.

Patrick '93 Cobra (Try to find good aftermarket rotors for this one.) '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I dig. As I mentioned in my other post with the links, SVT is responsible for the Ford GT so they aren't 100% out of production; 1500 units planned for 2005 . That may not be mainstream but it's still important :).

Dan

2003 Cobra convertible With some stuff and things
Reply to
Dan

Reply to
Michael Seeley