Window Problems

Hey all,

Haven't been able to find a thing on this, but my 1993 5.0 LX Hatchback has a passenger window that screeches when it's warm and being closed. This screech is killer on the ears and before I go tearing the door apart I thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into this.

This is a power window and usually when it's warm (>75F) it just kills my ears and you have to feel real sorry for anyone sitting in the passenger seat.

I've tried pushing out, pulling in, pushing down and pulling up as the window powers it's way up, but it seems to make no difference.

Any ideas, hunches or websites that anyone knows about that could lead me through the path of pulling this door apart? I presume this is a metal on metal problem, but again, just looking for ideas ~before~ I get into it.

Thanks in advance!

mC

1993 5.0LX 91K miles As stock as stock can be
Reply to
mC

yes, I'm having this same problem right now with my 89 GT. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet. But, mine goes away if I push/pull on the window while its closing. Would love to know what you find out.

Reply to
jonezzzman

Hi

I'm not sure what the door/windows are like on a 93 but a spray of silicone lubricant usually clears screeching windows. Try a spray on any vetical rubber seals that the window might run along.

Reply to
davea

meant "vertical rubber seals".

Reply to
davea

Mine doesn't screech but is slow, the regulator gets sloppy and the glass rubs against the rubber weather strip.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Check the dew wipe along the top edge of the door... grit can get caught in this and can cause your symptoms...

Top posted.

Reply to
<mechanic

"WindsorFox" wrote in news:g76vc2$in5$ snipped-for-privacy@posting2.glorb.com:

That's what she said..

Reply to
Joe

no it isn't

Reply to
Hairy

Now it is...

Reply to
<mechanic

Yep..

Reply to
Hairy

I would second all of the above... ;)

I have a new Lincoln and had the same problem. Took it into Ford under warranty and they told me to get lost cause it's dirt under the rubber edge and hence, not their problem. They said they see it all the time. Nice of Ford to correct that obvious flaw in its cars.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen