Window seals

I was wondering if the rubber pieces seal pieces can be replaced on a 90 mustang. If so would anyone know of a source for these. My driver side window is getting really ragged and I would like to replace both sides if possible. TIA

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

It depends on what window seals you're talking about. Weatherstripping is no problem. You can get pretty much anything for the front windows; I've used LateModel Restoration as a source for my '93. Their website is

If you mean exterior trim, then the rear quarter windows pose a problem. If it's a hatchback, there are some trim pieces you can buy for them, but apparently the same isn't available for the notch. Musttanguy has (I think) a way of 'restoring' the original rubber around the quarter windows, he can maybe give some insight. You can replace them outright, but it's a pretty dang big hit on the wallet; the ones for a notchback run 600 bux for the pair (!!!) plus shipping. Apparently the windows come with the trim, like it or not.

RayS

Reply to
RayS

I don't think I was clear the piece I'm looking for is the squeegee type piece of rubber that rubs against the glass on the roll up windows. It sits at the top edges of the door both inside and outside the glass.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

Reply to
Sonicmonkey

Ouch. I need the inside one for the drivers side on my car. You won't like what I found. There's no repro and the original is $60. That was at 5.0 Resto, Texas Mustang or MU may have a repro.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]