Winter storage

Do those 10x20 U-shaped car shelters work well for storing a car during the winter months in Connecticut?

If you have any experience on doing this right please respond here or directly to me c/o mg04gt at earthlink dot net (at and dot need to be formatted correctly)

Thanks

MG

Reply to
MikeG

Nobody on this group puts up their car for winter? MG

Reply to
MikeG

I'm sure there are some who do put there car away for winter...but maybe they don't use the method you inquired about.

Also, a better explanation of a 'u-shaped' shelter would help...is it just an open-ended car port?...or is it a rigid/permanent/enclosed Quonset-type hut?

A l>Nobody on this group puts up their car for winter?

Reply to
Dinsdale

What's winter? Just takes a little longer to heat the tires at the track...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I have have parked my GT for the winter. It is however fully registered and insured 365 day's of the year, and I will take it out for a quick spin to keep the battery charged, tires round and fluids moving. Here on Cape Cod we do not always get a lot of snow, so if the sun is out and the roads salt free I take it for a spin. Winter ride is a 98 Ranger. Martin

2002GT 243RWHP 285RWTQ
Reply to
Martin

Not I. Only difference between winter and summer here is typically the amount of rain. :)

Though you didn't mention what kind of ground you're parking the car on, this post I wrote a couple years ago quoting Bill S. is a good start for you:

Garth Almgren

Good idea!

I'm contemplating the one in the middle.

other options a - Keep car in the garage and scrape snow off the '88 Volvo I drive in the winter (Cheapest / least convenient) b - Keep the Mustang on the driveway with a cover on it (also cheap but exposed to moisture / more convenient) c - Rent-a-space kind of bays 10' x 20' cost between $110 and $150 per month around here (most expensive)

MG :)

Reply to
MikeG

That seems like a decent enclosure. Apart from the standard storage concerns, my biggest consideration would be trapped moisture ...if you haven't done so, you should look into a desiccant. Here's an example:

For local availability, check your local marine store.

Reply to
Dinsdale

Thanks for the tip :)

Reply to