Wire or accessory that is hot during and after starting engine

Hi all...

I need to determine a wire or accessory that is hot/on during and after starting the engine.

Many accessories are cut out during the engine starting, but I need to find one (or a wire from one) that will remain hot during engine cranking, and then while the engine is started. This should not be hot when the key is out of the ignition.

BTW, this is for a vacuum gauge that needs to calibrate itself during engine cranking, therefore the requirement.

I have a wiring diagram, but dont know of an accessory that is on during cranking....

Any ideas?

Reply to
Craig Plesco

Hi,

just wire it directly to the (+)-Terminal of your battery. But -- for safety -- don't forget a fuse in the wire!

Ciao, Bastian

Reply to
BB

oops - just read, that it has to be OFF when ignition is. So - maybe you find one at the radio (test with a voltmeter).

Bastian

Reply to
BB

How about a year? Shouldn't be too hard to find something hot in run and crank...

Jim Warman

Try this link, you would want IGN 1. Rico

Rico